Post Date: 09/11/2020
Close Date: 09/28/2020
The Water Resource Recovery Department is currently seeking multiple temporary Utility Worker's. This position performs a variety of routine and semiskilled manual labor tasks and maintenance of District buildings, construction, wastewater storm drainage collection, street facilities, and storage tanks.
- Temporary position, up to six months.
- Full-time, up to 40 hours per week.
- Any offer of employment will be conditional based on the successful completion of
- references, a driving record review, criminal background check, and a medical exam.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Assist in building maintenance projects; washes and cleans process equipment and tanks using chemicals, strippers, and hoses.
2. Perform general cleanup of wastewater and/or storm drainage facilities, facility buildings, structures, and landscape.
3. Assist in minor maintenance projects using equipment, hand, or motorized tools; dig ditches, paint signage, repair fencing; operate light motorized equipment, including vehicles, electric carts, and pressure washers; load and unload trucks; sweeping.
4. Exercise safe work practices, equipment, and procedures; use and properly care for a variety of specialized hand and motorized tools.
- Building maintenance and repair practices
- Cleaning chemicals and strippers
- Capabilities and use of hand and powered equipment
- Pertinent safety practices and procedures
- Construction materials
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position