Post Date: 07/29/2020
Close Date: 08/19/2020
Principal Executive/Manager G – State Right of Way Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Engineering and Technical Services Branch
Right of Way Section
We are seeking a strategic, visionary leader with expertise in the right of way field to join our Engineering and Technical Services Branch. As our State Right of Way Manager, you will lead and manage the Right of Way Section. With a team of over 30 full-time employees and a biennial budget of approximately $10.8 million, the section administers several major statewide programs and functions for the agency including:
- Land Acquisition.
- Condemnation and Relocation.
- Property Management Programs.
- Railroad & Utility Relocation.
- Access Management Remedies.
- Outdoor Advertising Sign Programs.
As the recognized national expert and spokesperson in the right of way field serving on national committees for the department, this position requires a specialized mastery of each program and function as well as management knowledge and executive ability to deal with broadly defined program areas requiring expert integration and coordination abilities.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
What we need:
Six years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following:
a) Development of program rules and policies,
b) Development of long- and short-range goals and plans,
c) Program evaluation,
d) Budget preparation.
What we’d like to see:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in property acquisition, condemnation and relocation assistance under Public Law 91-646 (Uniform Act). Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience with project delivery, property management, utility relocation and the Outdoor Advertising Sign Program.
- Innovative, forward thinker with a track record of exploring new technology and ways of accomplishing work within limited resource availability.
- Excellent communicator and coalition builder with the ability to manage the conflicting priorities of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing large programs, staff and budgets. Preference will be given to candidates with experience managing multiple units at a time comprised of personnel having diverse skill sets and experience.
- Demonstrated strategic, visionary leadership for significant organizational initiatives and changes.
Learn more and apply:
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-45327 to learn more and apply! This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
- This recruitment requires a resume and cover letter. Detailed application instructions are listed under the “What we’d like to see” and “How to apply” sections in the job announcement. Please note that we can only accept application materials through our website.
- For questions about this recruitment or the online application, please call 971-273-8687 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer