Post Date: 08/13/2020
Close Date: 09/30/2020
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of a branch team, the Member Advocate will initiate sales, process routine transactions, open new accounts and take loan applications to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents. Spanish-speaking skills are required.
• Work with members in-person to leverage excellent consultation and sales skills to proactively assist new and existing members to open new accounts, apply for loans, and learn about and be referred to other lines of business
• Perform all types of monetary/non-monetary transactions using knowledge of fraud prevention, excellence in service and accuracy in transactions processed
• Continuously develop knowledge of credit union products and services and the internal computer systems used to manage member accounts
• Collaborate with other staff in branches or departments to research and resolve questions or concerns.
• Exceed sales and service goals designed with a member focus
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• Associates degree or equivalent in work experience.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a customer service or financial services role that includes experience with assisting customers in person or by telephone, preferably handling cash
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in using technology to accomplish work
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to be accurate in handling member financial transactions and balance daily.
• Must be able to be certified through NMLS
• Ability to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure routinely
• Spanish-speaking skills are required
• Candidates who have prior experience in a credit union or bank providing assistance with financial services products and using cross-selling skills may be considered at the Member Advocate 2 level for this role
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position