Post Date: 07/29/2020
Close Date: 08/19/2020
Engineering Specialist 2 – Asset Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Engineering and Technical Services Branch
Traffic-Roadway Section / Roadway Engineering Unit
Are you knowledgeable of asset management? Do you have experience working with data? We are recruiting for two asset specialists to collect, maintain and report on critical Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and roadway assets. Apply today to join us in making in a difference!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
What we need:
An associate's degree in engineering technology from a community college or technical school of engineering and two years of experience directly related to engineering.
Three and one-half years (42 months) of sub-professional engineering experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note: If you are currently a transportation maintenance specialist 2 (TMS2) or have been one in the past, in addition to your completed application, please attach section three of your TMS2 position description to receive full credit for your related work. If your experience includes work in multiple maintenance disciplines (e.g. highway, sign, bridge, striping or landscape), please attach section three of the position description for each of the relevant disciplines.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
- Knowledge of asset management.
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience in gathering information, organizing that information, and preparing reports drawn from that information.
Learn more and apply:
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-45647 to learn more and apply! This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 19, 2020.
- Detailed application instructions are listed under the “What we’d like to see” and “How to apply” sections in the job announcement. Please note that we can only accept application materials through our website.
- For questions about this recruitment or the online application, please call 971-273-8687 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer