Post Date: 07/02/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’ve been ranked as one of the top non-profits to work for in Oregon, and we have lots of opportunities for career growth!
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a quiet, independent-minded man who experiences developmental disabilities. He lives in his own condo in SE Portland near 82nd Avenue.
You’ll work two shifts per week, totaling 40 hours per week: Tuesday from 7am to 8pm (13-hour shift), and Wednesday from 4pm to Thursday at 7pm (27-hour shift). You’ll also work regular hours on Agency holidays.
He is eager to work with a Personal Assistant that enjoys literature via audio books, has a great sense of humor, and enjoys working on their own activities while he has rest time. You’ll work together on household chores and meal prep, challenging him towards greater independence. He needs assistance using the bathroom, bathing, and taking medications.
He is initially reserved around new people. He communicates his needs directly but does not enjoy chatting extensively. He is retired but likes to stay active in the community. He enjoys outdoor music concerts, taking leisurely drives in his neighborhood, and listening to audio books. He also likes to go to coffee shops and the library.
• $13.25 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least 3 years of driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be 18 years old.
• Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Quiet, Independent-Minded Man (SE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.