Post Date: 07/17/2020
Close Date: 08/10/2020
A resume AND cover letter is required to apply for this position. (The cover letter should outline your experience as it relates to this position and why you are interested in the position.)
Cascade Centers, Inc. is seeking two full time Administrative Coordinators to work within a dynamic team to provide support and handle a broad range of duties in our SW Portland, Oregon office.
Cascade is an Employee Assistance Program serving employers Nationwide. We were founded over 35 years ago. We are a close-knit team that guided by our mission statement “Supporting organizational success and improving quality of lives”. We are passionate about serving our clients.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package benefits that include employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with a match, Paid Time off, Wellness program, and EAP. Cascade was named one of the top 10 2019 healthiest employer of Oregon.
Cascade EAP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Cascade does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Summary: We are hiring two Administrative Coordinator positions. Both positions have similar duties. The first is an Office Coordinator position and includes receptionist duties as part of the position. The second position is a Work/Life Specialist and includes resource retrieval research. Both positions work within a team of professionals to accomplish a variety of tasks and projects. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
Greet Clients (Office Coordinator) (This job duty will resume when COVID quarantine has ended)
- Friendly welcoming demeanor at all times
- Provide appropriate paperwork
- Keep area clean, neat, and organized
- Maintain waiting room (organized, clean, current magazines)
- Manage counselors schedule
Client management (Office Coordinator)
- Manage online scheduling – Webforms
- Email client paperwork
- Keep paperwork update
- Scanning documents to electronic record
Resource Retrieval (Work/Life Specialist)
- Researching childcare and eldercare options for clients nationwide
- Identifying resources for a variety of issues including mental health treatment, housing, travel, pet care, home maintenance and other requests
- Providing information to clients in a professional and consistent manner
- Document activity in client database
Phone intake with clients (Both positions)
- Answer phones and assist client callers with resources
- Answer any incoming texts from clients
- Materials mailing
Other Duties as assigned (Both positions)
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Possess knowledge of EAP and Healthcare industry
- Be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to balance multiple projects and prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Possess excellent communication skills to interface with vendors, clients and community partners
- Be proficient working with databases, Microsoft Office, and Internet Search tools
- Possess excellent judgment and professionalism
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
Applicants can email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org