Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
The IS Database Developer Lead is responsible for defining the direction of database and ETL development, as well as designing and developing effective solutions in support of business strategies. Additionally, this role leads people and projects and is essential toward maturing CareOregon’s database and ETL development model. This position spends substantial time partnering with business leaders, architecting, and implementing IS priorities (plan, design, install, and maintain).
Essential Position Functions
- In partnership with the IS Development Supervisor, provide leadership to Database Developers through assigning and overseeing daily work; establish priorities for competing needs.
- Coordinate tasks between development team and other departments, including incident management and resolution.
- Report performance issues to supervisor.
- Participate in the recruitment process, including reviewing resumes, interviewing, and providing input into hiring and staffing decisions
- Lead the design and maintenance of custom databases and processes.
- Provide database design expertise to the organization; lead large projects with assistance from supervisor, lead small projects independently, and participate and consult on other projects.
- Advise other IS teams on best practices of database design and development.
- Serve as a resource to junior developers.
- Develop ETL processes for advanced to complex activities, and provide escalation support for tickets.
- Develop advanced databases to meet application and web needs.
- Analyze business requirements; partner with leaders across the organization in order to research and recommend solutions which balance business need and risk mitigation.
- Develop and maintain appropriate technology documentation, including current design and operation.
Standards and Policy Administration
- Author and serve as subject matter expert to define requirements, standards and best practices for database and ETL development.
- Monitor and continually review existing systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.