Start Date: 08/28/2020 9:00 AM
End Date: 09/25/2020 5:00 PM
OCF has partnered with Washington County to administer a grant program to support nonprofit organizations in Washington County with additional expenses and lost revenues due to the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak.
To mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on Washington County (Oregon) Nonprofits and their employees, and residents, emergency financial support is now available through the Washington County CARES Nonprofit Emergency Assistance Grant Program. Funds are available for qualified nonprofit agencies that have experienced economic hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic beginning in March 2020 due to the Stay Home, Stay Safe order. Funds should assist the nonprofits in meeting the immediate needs in the community not addressed by other sources. The program will provide one-time grants of up to $100,000 to help offset the significant, temporary service impacts of nonprofits during this pandemic. Grants will be made through a competitive grant review process managed by the Oregon Community Foundation. Awards aim to support Washington County nonprofit agencies and assist residents in our community who have been hardest hit by the pandemic.
The objective of this program is to offer immediate financial assistance to nonprofit agencies in Washington County to aid in maintaining their business, workforce, and service to residents. The source of funding for this grant program is the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act federal stimulus package.
Award Details and Eligibility
Up to $5,000,000 will be awarded to eligible organizations based in and serving Washington County. Funding will prioritize culturally-specific and/or culturally responsive organizations in Washington County.
Eligible organizations will:
- Be physically located in and serve populations in Washington County
- Have not received a grant or loan from Washington County since March 1, 2020
- Have been in operation since at least March 1, 2019
- Be registered as a 501(c)(3) with the IRS or have a fiscal agent that is a registered 501(c)(3)
- Have experienced economic hardship during the economic shut down due to the pandemic beginning in March 2020
Awards will vary in size depending on the size of individual organizations. Awarded CARES Act funds must be used for COVID-19 related costs in alignment with allowed expenditures:
- Lost revenue due to the Stay Home, Stay Safe order
- Any nonprofit-related operating expenses (including but not limited to payroll, rent/mortgage, utilities, inventory, PPE and cleaning supplies)
- COVID-19 recovery strategies (including health and safety facility changes, supplies, and/or public education campaigns)
Granted funds must be used by December 30, 2020. Funds can be requested for eligible expenses that were made prior to receipt of funds as long as those expenses aren’t covered by a grant or gift from another organization or entity.
For more information: http://www.oregoncf.org/WashingtonCoCARES
Registration details: https://ocf.iphiview.com/ocf/LogIn/tabid/444/Default.aspx